Chick 101 Class - raise your own chickens! March 29th, 2020 (2:00-5:00PM)
This class will give you the basic outline of what is needed to raise your own backyard chickens.
We'll discuss the following topics:
- What type of living structure (coop) is needed including nesting boxes, roosts, etc.
- Feed and watering needs for your chickens
- How to take care of chicks when they come to your home (and how and where to obtain chicks)
- How to keep your chickens protected from predators
- How to collect and store eggs
- Lifecycle stages of your chicken and what to expect as growth occurs
- Biosecurity and cleanliness (keeping all of your animals safe from disease)
Chickens will be available for sale (and ready to lay eggs), if you want to get started! Cartermere will be raising a mix of Heritage laying hens for purchase by the participants of these classes. They will be available for an additional $20/bird. Birds can be pre-purchased or purchased the day of class. (First come, first served)
On the day of class, you will take home an egg collection basket filled with notes/handouts, a small bag of chicken treats and feed, nesting pads, and a dozen Cartermere eggs! (One basket per ticket purchase)
If you are unable to attend on the day of class, we will try our best to accommodate you on a another class day if there is space available. We are able to offer full refunds for cancellations, up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org about questions/refund information. Also, please contact us by email if you would like a gift certificate emailed to you, if purchasing this as a present!